Congratulations! Your organization has decided to partner with Polis- the leading door knocking software and data company. Our job is to make your job easier!
Follow these steps to get started:
- You should have an email in your inbox inviting you to join Polis. If not, contact your manager. Click "JOIN HERE" on the email:
- Enter your full name, phone number, birthdate and password into the form and click "COMPLETE SIGNUP":
We require a birthdate to confirm that you're old enough to agree to our user agreement.
- Log into your account and if you're a canvasser you should be redirected to download the app (if you're a manager you can find the app on iOS in the Apple App Store or on Android in the Google Play Store by searching for "Polis Canvassing"
- Download the app from the app store (it's free!) and login to get started. This is what you will initially see:
That blue dot is your current location.
- Zoom out until you can identify where your organization has data (i.e. where your manager wants you to knock doors) and then zoom back in on the area where you're expected to go:
These blue dots give approximations as to how many homes are in a given area. It isn't until you click "Reserve Nearby Turf" that you will see the actual individual houses (these homes are protected for privacy purposes).
- When you arrive in the area and are ready to start knocking doors, click "Reserve Nearby Turf" and a territory will be created for you to knock doors.
You have reserved this territory for 12 hours and no one else will overlap the route/see the same houses.
- You can start your canvassing by clicking directly on a pin or by clicking on the list view at the top of your page and canvassing down the list. While in the list view, you can also order the houses numerically or by even/odd numbered houses:
- On this screen you can see the data that your organization wants you to have on this person and you can get directions to the home (on iOS):
- If the person is home, click "Available" and go through the survey your organization has set up and if the person is not home, click "Unavailable" and indicate why he/she was unavailable.
That's it! Go through the list and disposition each house. If you want to add new contacts (if someone isn't on your list), you can do so following the instructions here: "How do I add a contact on mobile?". If you need to schedule an appointment to go back to a home, you can do so by following the instructions here: "How do I schedule an appointment to follow up with someone?"
Have any questions? Email email@example.com.